Sunday, April 29, 2012

You Are Invited...

Detail from Color Guard by Gwyned Trefethen

I am blessed to live on Little Lake Butte des Morts in Appleton, WI. My studio overlooks the lake. It is a delight in all seasons and right now I am loving spring. This week the pelicans returned. Little Lake Butte des Morts is on several migratory bird routes. So, not only do I get to see our native birds, but I also see many non native species that cruise through for a day or more to rest up along their migratory journey.

Heron on a Stump by Kathie Briggs

Paradise Found by Casey Puetz


You, too, can observe the birds while getting a fiber fix. You are invited to join me at the Artist's Reception, on Saturday, May 5, 2012 from 1 - 3 p.m. at the Mosquito Hill Nature Center in New London, WI. The exhibition is titled Conversations in Stitch: On Nature. All the work on exhibit is made by members of the Fiber Artists Coalition of which I am a member. I also curated the exhibition. If you can't make the reception due to a conflict other than distance why not schedule a date to take a walk and see the exhibit while it is there from Saturday, May 5 - Sunday, June 24, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment